Earthy red lentils, brown rice and a mix of farmhouse vegetables are combined with a hint of pumpkin and spices with for an easy, delicious meal in a bowl.
This hearty chowder is based on a traditional farm recipe. Easy to make and easy to serve because all the veggies and seasonings are right in the mix. Add your personal touch with turkey sausage, diced chicken, crumbled bacon or a sour cream topping. Everyone will want seconds!
Ready in less than 1 hour. Makes 8 servings. Net weight: 12oz / 340g
Gluten Free, Non-GMO, No MSG,
No Added Salt or Preservatives
Additional Ingredients: 4C broth
- Rinse lentil mix.
- Add to pot with 4 cups water & 4 cups broth or bouillon (chicken or vegetable). Add vegetable/seasoning packet.
Optional: add 2 potatoes peeled & cut in 1" cubes.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat & simmer for 30-40 minutes till lentils, split peas & rice are soft.
SERVE with SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE. Other suggestions . . .
- Add 1-1/2 cups milk or cream just before serving. Heat gently
- Add 1 lb. of crumbled turkey sausage to the pot while simmering
- Add 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey just before serving
- Top each serving with 1Tblsp. sour cream or shredded cheese
- Top each serving with diced turkey or soy bacon
Gluten Free, No Added Salt, No MSG, No Preservatives
Imported Red Lentils, Long Grain Brown Rice, Yellow & Green Split Peas, Carrots, Celery, Corn, Onion, Pumpkin, Leeks, Red & Green Bell Peppers, Brown Sugar, Garlic, Paprika, Mustard, Thyme, Bay Leaf.
Gluten Free, Non-GMO, No MSG, No Added Salt or Preservatives